SSI - Scuba school international - divemaster and dive guide course
The SSI dive guide course?gives you the skills and knowledge required to safely lead groups of certified divers, is the first step as SSI professional diver.?
Professional Dive Guide can work for SSI dive centers, guiding dives in a variety of environments and conditions. You will earn the SSI Dive Guide certification after completing this program.
After the completion of the dive guide course you can continue your study to became a divemaster .
Candidate requirements :
- Minimum Age: 15 / 18 if active status
- Certification Prerequisites: Diver Stress & Rescue certification
- 40 logged Dives
- certification or equivalent experience: Navigation, Night & Limited Visibility, Deep Diving
- Maximum Training Depth:40 meters / 130 feet
You will be trained about the following arguments:
- Duties of a dive guide
- Being a professional - leader and role model
- Environmental stewardship - ocean protection
- Organization of a dive operation - logistic - burocracy - standards
- Briefing , debriefing conduction
- Conduction of the dive
- Guiding certified divers during a dive
- Prevention of dive emergency
- Dive Emergency management
- Rescue procedures
- Your career in the dive industry
After the completion of the dive guide course you are allowed to continue your education to became an SSI dive master.
To became an SSI divemaster you must complete the science of diving training.
This program provides an in-depth and detailed study of physics, physiology, decompression theory, the aquatic environment and diving equipment.
It is required training for most SSI Dive Professional programs, as well as some Extended Range programs.
You will earn the SSI Science of Diving Specialty certification after completing this program, and together with your dive guide certification you will acquire the divemaster professional rating.?